Ad Box

Friday, November 11, 2011

Halloween.... alittle late.

i have a problem with not writing up posts for all the things I've been doing lately. I finally feel like I can get back to crafting and sewing now that my little one is 3 and a half months old. Before he was constantly demanding my attention and my 2 and a half was going through transition with a new baby in the house. Well I'm so happy to announce I'm BACK! I'm so excited to get back into the crafty blogging community! it's been too long! I don't know where to start first!


Halloween this year was a big success. My 2 year old was a mad scientist and a very happy one too. Every year we trick-or-treat at my husband's work. The employees extensively decorate their areas and all the children walk through and get candy. This year was really the first year Ian was old enough to walk through it and not be scared and was looking at everything. I made his white lab coat out of one of my husband's old church shirts. He wore his geeky glasses, made from his sunglasses that he broke one of the lenses out of. He also had an empty soda bottle with two glow sticks inside to look like a concoction. I was afraid a liquid would be too heavy and annoying for him to carry around.

My little 3 month old was a Jack in the box. I was perfectly content with him being an old Navy store bought frog since I'm trying to make my life stress free and not striving to be perfect for a baby who will not remember anything about this day..... but I couldn't do it. I had to make the perfect costume for him, after all, when his big brother celebrated his first Halloween I made his costume. My little Jack did way better than I thought. He LOVED sitting in his little box and even almost fell asleep. People didn't even realize he was a real baby until they looked again at him.

Both costumes cost less than $2 each. I used alot of things I already had on hand. They turned out way better than I expected. My goal next year is to plan their costumes at least a month ahead of time. I made both in just 3 days. That was a little too stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment