Ad Box

Friday, November 11, 2011

Cute and easy pumpkins


Alot of you remember this post from You Craft Me Up. The second I saw these pumpkins I knew I had to make them. However, I'm not living in Utah and couldn't hop on over to her craft night. Hopefully someday I will be living there and can attend! (Never thought I'd say that)

I was so nervous about going to Home Depot and asking them to cut my wood. On my way to the lumber section I ran into an older man i used to work with and he asked me what I was doing at Home Depot on a Saturday morning. I said, getting some wood cut for these pumpkins I'm making. He just laughed. Luckily the folks there are so nice and didn't question why a lady with a baby needed 4x4 wood cut into different lengths. a month later the wood was still sitting in my garage. Little baby was less than willing to let me do anything other than cuddle with him.

 I didn't take a before picture, but I'm sure you can imagine wood without grooves. 

 My mess

You need some sunglasses to look directly at these pumpkins!  Wish it was a little more dull.

This week has been a turning point. Little baby can now lay on the floor and he has begun to grab toys! I am even getting him on a nap schedule and I can get stuff done! I'm so excited. I started chiseling away at the wood to make the cool grooves, painted them orange (a little brighter than I like), nailed the tree stems to the tops and put them out by my front door. I think next year I'll make the sign to go with them, I just wanted to at least have them on display for the last two weeks of November.

I am so so happy with how they turned out! And on my first try. They are super easy to make, it does take some time to chisel away the wood, but that step is so crucial to making them look crafty instead of blocky.

No comments:

Post a Comment