Ad Box

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Homemade Christmas


So this Christmas will be a little tight since my little family of four is going to New York to spend the holiday with my family and attend my niece's wedding a few days after Christmas. It got me thinking that I could try to make most of the gifts this year. It's the motivation I need to get going on the crafting again!

I already bought an awesome Ikea kid's table and two chairs. Ian has been using one of my large plastic storage boxes and a metal basket for his chair. I thought it was about time he got an art table! I'm going to have a hard time waiting until Christmas, but I think I can hold out. 


Today I completed the first Christmas gift! Ian knows all his ABCs and we're now working on his numbers so I've been wanting to make number bean bags. I'm sure he'll learn them all before the month is over, but he can still have fun throwing them around.  It only took me a few hours to put it all together and they came out awesome! Ian even helped a little! I let him play with them this afternoon but I'm now putting them away until Christmas! It feels so great to actually get something done between the two little ones needing my attention.

Christmas List at this time:
Number beanbags
Noah's Arc and animals
Mr. Potato Head
Monster bath towel for Jack

I'm sure I'll find more things to make in the next few months, but this is what I have planned right now. I'll be posting pictures through my journey to Christmas and hopefully get some Halloween and Thanksgiving crafts done too!

No comments:

Post a Comment