Ad Box

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Super Burpies!

I've come a long way since I last made burpies for little I. I have greatly improved them and sad his were not so pretty. Cut me some slack that is the first project I did when I bought my sewing machine 2 years ago!


I realized I only have 4.5 weeks left and still a few projects I need to complete before Jr. Jr. comes. So today I finally finished his burpies. I really love them. They are super cute! Last time I made mine with a secret ingredient.... an old towel in between the layers. They were bulky but worked really well. This time I took a piece of flannel, or cotton fabric and sewed terry cloth or a hand towel to the other side. They look really good. The terry cloth gives it a nice textured look.

I made 8 with the "original" pattern, curved edges. I also made 4 rectangular cloths with cotton fabric on one side and terry cloth on the other. I realize only one side is really usable for the intended purpose of spit up,  but there are so many more options for cute fabric. Or in my case, an old dress, husband's old shirt and some extra cute fabric I had lying around.



Simply cut out your desired shape, really you can't mess this up! Cut another piece with an old hand towel, terry cloth or what ever you have.

Sew right sides together, leaving an opening for turning

Turn right side out and iron flat

stitch around the outer edge, sewing up the open gap

You're done!

1 comment:

  1. Cute. I love the money fabric :) All the best with baby.

    ReplyDelete