Ad Box

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Grocery savings!

I've been wanting to learn how to been a coupon genius but didn't really know how to get started. I've used them when I find them in magazines or in papers. I have read two blogs that teach you how to use them and so I ordered some coupons, spent $5 for $53 worth of savings and also ordered a month of the sunday paper. But I found a site where you can just buy the inserts for really cheap! So this is my first real coupon outing and drum roll...... 
Total before savings: $ 53.00
Total savings: $35.77
Total spent: $17.43

I think I did pretty good! Alot of this I can use in my food storage... really, how much spaghetti sauce can 2.5 people eat? This got me really excited and now I feel little more confident for my next trip! The important thing is to wait until the store cuts prices and then swoop in with your coupons. I got the pasta and cat food for free!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've wanted to start couponing again but don't know where to start. Any suggestions?

    justenoughstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was the site that your ordered the coupons from? I run a home day care and am always looking for a way to lower my grocery bill!
    Sarah
    http://the-little-people-place.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found all the sites through fabulessly frugal http://fabulesslyfrugal.com/coupon-clippers
    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete