Ad Box

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentine Luminaries


I had so much fun making these luminaries for Halloween that I wanted to make them for Valentine's Day. My only problem was I didn't have enough jars. I ran over to our thrift store where I usually find my jars and thank goodness they had a few.

Supplies:
jars- I used 4 but you can use as many as you want
mod podge
brush
tissue paper
card stock to make shapes

1.) Simply mod podge your jars and wrap in tissue paper. Let sit a few hours or over night.
2.) Place card stock on jar and mod podge the whole jar again. This gives it a nice coating.
3.) Place a string of white lights inside and wait for evening for beautiful Valentine luminaries.

So easy to make and so pretty. 

8 comments:

  1. This is by far one of the neatest projects using jars that we have come across yet. Kudos to your awesome creativeness!

    Also would it be okay if we featured this blog and the instructions you have in our blog? Please stop by and comment letting us know.

    http://redhillgeneralstore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! I have seen jars covered in orange tissue paper to look like jack-o-lanterns, but never anything for another holiday. Thanks for sharing.

    You can check my blog out here:
    http://craftsandcrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea, they turned out great! I might have to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 of my favorite things, jars and twinkle lights! I love the simplicity of them. Please consider sharing your creativity with my followers by linking up to my blog bash K.I.S.S. on Sunday. Happy to be a follower. :)

    http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for letting us feature this project on our blog. We just now got it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to get the word out about a new site offering free giveaways every week. I would love to do an advertisement exchange with you. Check out my new site and email me if you are interested.

    Weekly Giveaway

    mmprecious@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete