Ad Box

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Halloween Bib

I couldn't let Halloween pass without making bibs for my little guy. I found this vinyl tablecloth at JoAnn's on sale! Wahooo!

I simply cut up the tablecloth following a simple pattern, which you could make yourself and don't forget to cut the pockets to catch all that food.... best invention ever! Not mine, but I do love it.

With wrong sides together take the 2 pocket pieces and sew binding along the straight pieces.






These are the pieces you should have, minus the cotton backing... not included in this picture. 

With the pocket pieces in the middle of the vinyl and solid cotton piece, sew together leaving and opening at the bottom to turn right side out.











Turn right sides out and sew all the way around the bib, makes a nice finish. The last step is to sew a piece of Velcro on to keep the bib on!

13 comments:

  1. i never thought to make bibs seasonal. looks great!

    Kimra
    http://crafty-cove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only my son would keep a bib on! Thanks for linking up to The Halloween Scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! Wish I could sew but I'm good to get a button on!

    Stopping by from Make It Yours Day!

    Jan
    www.thesimpler-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an AWESOME idea!!!!! Thanks so much for linking this up to gettin' crafty on hump day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way way cute!! Love it! I am so excited to be your newest follower of your adorable blog, and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Be sure to show off your sweet creations at my weekly Fabulous Friday Finds party! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is great...what a super way to use a tablecloth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a clever idea and the model is oh so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. The photo you caught is so cute. Tablecloths are so great to use for bibs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute bib! This is a great idea for vinyl table cloths! Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopping by again to let you know I featured this today! :)

    http://simpsonizedcraftsandthensome.blogspot.com/2010/10/link-party-features_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are adorable! I plan to make these for my granddaughter. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderfully festive! Do you have a problem with the vinyl tearing when you try to sew it? I tried sewing something with a table cloth once and it kept getting suck/ripping.

    ReplyDelete