Ad Box

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Quiet Book Pages

In preparation for our trip to New York to see my family I'm scrounging for ideas to keep the little man happy on the long plane ride. He's just started walking so any ideas out there would be greatly appreciated!
I've been working on this book forever, other projects keep getting in the way :). These are the pages I've completed so far with help from some of you! Thank you for your ideas on your fabulous blogs!

Car Mat: This is my newest page. I saw this over at it's good for the heart. This is missing a few details, but wanted to post it in here as well.


Apple Picking: I think most of us know where this one came from, homemade by Jill. She has some great ideas! Here he cane pick the apples and put them in the bucket and also the birds snap off.


Mailbox: This idea also came from homemade by Jill. She is awesome! I never would have come up with this idea!


Gone Camping: I still need to make Ian sleeping in a sleeping bag but for the most part this page is done. We love camping so this one was a must!


Match the Shapes:
pieces have magnets where he can match the shapes.


Caterpillar: Here the dots have magnets and you match the colors. The sun also comes off


Fish Bowl: eventually I want to add a fishing pole so Ian can fish the little guys out of the bowl, but for now they aren't attached so he can lift the vinyl and pull the fish out. He loves to shake them because the eyes make noise.


The Changeable Car. I will have a picture of my son to put in the driver's seat so he can see himself driving the cars. All the accessories will velcro onto the car; bumper, lights, wheels, taxi sign, etc. There is a taxi, police car, ambulance, convertible, truck and car. I outlined the car shape so the little guy knows where to place the car and then he can just go to town making his car!





I'll be sure to post the final book when all is said and done. Man this takes a long time, hope he likes it on the plane and of course for church.

Liz

18 comments:

  1. That is ADORABLE!! I LOVE this, I want one! Visiting from justsewsassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and clever! What a fun book! It will be a family heirloom someday. We have one that my mom made way back when we were little and we all have fond memories of it.

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pages are great. I love the changing car one. I really should make a quiet book sometime.

    I just wanted to let you know that I am featuring your luggage taglets tomorrow from the Christmas in July linky party. Come by and grab your button!

    Thanks for coming by!

    Just Another Day in Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea! This would be great for my Wee One as we are driving to the shore...love the details, and the camping one is really the best, we love camping and sleeping in our tent too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea, felt is my new best friend i think. i'm finding so many great crafts to make with it and its cheap.
    Christy
    Home-Mom.com
    come hop with me tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did such a wonderful job, what a lot of work with all of those little pieces. Unfortunately, if your little guy has just learned how to walk, that's probably all he'll want to do :P.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How neat! I'm a new follower from NFF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love the interchangeable car.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cUTe Quiet BOOK, i love those books for church! Thanks so much for linking! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, how creative and time intensive. I wish I had something like this when my son was little. What a lucky boy!

    I’m having a new link party “Cheap Thrills Thursday” starting the 29th. It’s for creative ideas that cost under $20. If you have a project you’d like to share, I’d love for you to stop by and join in!
    Kat
    www.BlackKatsDesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. THIS is incredible! My son is three, and HE would love this in the car, or anywhere! I am totaly following you now, and will be coming back to check this page out in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your ideas! I am making a 20-page quiet book right now and am beginning to think I will *never* be done!! Someday, right?! Love the idea for a camping page!!

    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE these!!! What great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my goodness! This is the cutest quiet book! I love your blog! Have fun on your trip!! I am your newest follower... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quiet book is adorable!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so adorable! Thanks for planting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party! Come plant again on Friday!

    Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those pages are amazing! Great job. My favorite is the changeable car. I LOVE making quiet books. I've made 2 for my daughter a colors book and a ABC book. I'm currently in the process of making her a new one. Head on over to my blog and check it out sometime.

    justenoughstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete