Ad Box

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Menu Board

It's 4:30 and I have no idea what's for dinner... I came up with a plan to help me be organized. I write on my menu board at night so I know what's for dinner the next day.

This board was so simple to make and takes just under an hour (that includes drying time).

I purchased a small chalkboard at Robert's going out of business sale :(. My favorite craft store here. I was so sad but did take advantage and bought $300 worth of stuff for just $30!



First I painted the board, which I got for .25! You can leave it plain if you prefer, but i wanted to brighten my white walls so I chose red.


Next I picked some ribbon- polka dots all the way! I just hot glued it to the back.


I also made a little loop for a piece of chalk. I have since moved to the dark side and purchased some Chalk Ink. I love that stuff! You can use it on almost anything and it wipes off with some water. It comes about $12 for a four pack but if you use your 40% off coupon at Michael's that helps!

I love the board not only because its cute, but because now my husband just looks on the board instead of asking me whats for dinner.

9 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea !! If only my 2 little men could read not just Daddy and big brother. I get asked whats for dinner MANY times a day. Usually starting right after breakfast ! I found you thru Get Your Craft on Thursday. You can find me at www.lifesorganizedmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I need to make one for my kitchen as well.

    Following you now, from whatever blog hop I found you on :)

    Stephanie
    http://www.dirtandlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so cute! And what a great thrifty find!!! I am jealous! But sad that Roberts is going out of business...

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O...M...GOSH!!!

    YOU'RE TELLING ME YOUR MICHAEL'S HAS CHALK INK?!

    I saw that stuff online, and have since searched 3 different Michael's stores and they don't have them! I'm in southern California, we get mostly everything up to date! Errggg.. I'm dying for some chalk ink and don't want to buy it online because I'm too impatient for it to be delivered, lol. You have given me hope that it DOES exist in stores now!!

    Okay now that I'm done venting that out, CUTE chalkboard!!! :) Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea :) The dreaded question of the day what's for dinner :) Also I am a
    New follower :)
    mrsphilipswithonel@gmail.com
    http://mrsphilipswithonel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower from It's Friday I'm Hopping.
    I hope you'll come check me out at PS Mom Reviews and follow me too!
    I have fun giveaways going on now, including one for a $100 Swimsuitsforall.com GC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. following you back, thanks for hopping with me at iFiH today!

    Christy, www.Home♥Mom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea and so cute. I love the board. I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday this week and would love for you to join the party. There's an awesome giveaway too. Hope to see you there. http://organizeyourstuffnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a good idea. I just love the red and polka dot! I also have my dinner planned out the evening before and it saves many headaches!

    Thanks for linking up to the “Cheap Thrills Thursday” party at Black Kats Design. I hope you had fun and will join in again next Thursday!
    Kat
    www.BlackKatsDesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete