Ad Box

Friday, July 2, 2010

Laptop Cozy

I've linked this post over at cheap chic home for Fabric Fun Thursday- check it out for more great sewing ideas!
I've had my Mac baby since Valentine's Day (Thanks hubby) but couldn't find a bag that I liked or wanted to spend $50 on. Those things can get really pricey. So I decided to make one of my own, don't know what it took me so long. It was very easy to make.

Fabric: 2 fat quarters for the outside
flannel for the inside, or any other soft fabric
Matching thread

Measure your laptop; the circumference of the closed laptop, from the latch to the hinges and back around plus 2 1/2, the width of the laptop plus 1 1/2.

Mine was 15 inch MacBook Pro. Make sure to add an extra inch for the seams.

Cut two pieces of outside fabric and two of the inside, unless you have a big piece, you won't have to cut multiple pieces


I think I did it the hard way the first time, but take one inside piece and one outside piece- right sides together, sew leaving enough room to turn right side out. Repeat to the other piece.








Take the two pieces now and sew them matching sides together- just sew the two lengths and one bottom, leaving top open.











That's it! I'm still considering putting a flap on the top with Velcro and applique of the APPLE. But I haven't done it yet. It fits perfectly snug and I love having a cozy for my baby.

3 comments:

  1. How cute! There are two women in this household who could use one of these. I'd love for you to link up with Fabric Fun Thursday :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I just got a laptop and wanted to make something like this, it's perfect! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG we have been trying to figure out a way to keep the toddler from opening the laptop when we leave it on the table. Why didn't I think of something like this!? Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete