Ad Box

Friday, July 30, 2010

Key Leash

So a few month ago I was walking on the greenbelt (a walking/biking path around a river) and I lost my keys. I was so mad for not only the hassle but my cute I love NY key chain- I'm a proud New Yorker, transplanted in Idaho. Anyways, luckily I had my library card attached to the keys and an hour after I realized I lost them I got a call from the library telling me to go to the police station because somebody turned them in! Yayy! It was very humiliating to walk in there and ask the police man for my keys back, and I never lose things. Now I'm paranoid I'll lose them again and was trying to figure out a way to make them easier not to lose. I found a tutorial on the idea room, an awesome blog to check out!

Supplies:
two fabrics, unless you just want to make it one color
fusible interfacing
ribbon
1 purse strap clip- found mine at JoAnn's
matching thread


Cut your fabric 2 3/4" x 13"
fusible interfacing 3/4" x 12"


Iron each edge lengthwise about 1/4"


Next fold your fabric in half lengthwise and iron again. Your fabric should look like this. Put the interfacing in between the fabric and sew as close to the edge as you can.


After it is sewn it is sewn it should look like this.


Sew the two edges together, overlapping one end.

Fold the raw edges of the ribbon between the fabric making sure the ribbon is even before you sew it to the fabric



The final outcome! I may make it a little different next time, but for the first time it was pretty simple.

11 comments:

  1. I could use something like this--I go for a lot of walks! I'm glad you got your keys back, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this fabric. I'm glad your keys were found. I'm hosting We're ORganized Wednesday this week and would love for you to join the party. There's a great giveaway too. Hope to see you there. http://organizeyourstuffnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I may have to make one of these! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the key leash! Thank you for linking up to Upcycled Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this idea. I didn't even know you could buy those purse strap clips. Thank you for sharing with Fabric Fun Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I'm not a huge sewer, but this looks like a project I could accomplish. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous idea! I tend to lose my keys a lot! Thanks for linking up to Hoo's got talent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from Tatertots & Jello - Thanks for this great tutorial. The ones you can buy are just way too long...this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! Cute! I wish/hope I have time to whip up a few of these for Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete