Ad Box

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Project Naptime

Hi I'm Liz, I've decided to create a blog strictly for my craftiness and fun projects. I've been toying with the idea for maybe a day or two. I use my blog as a journal since I don't really have the time to sit and write in one. I found that you can print your blog into a book and I love that idea and thought I'd want my book to be separate, one journal and one for my projects, so Project Naptime is born. So I'm going to repost what I put up today as my first post of Project Naptime. I love the name. This was no coincidence, as it seems I get most of my projects done, or at least started when my little 10 month old naps in the other room. He loves to "help" me sew by yanking on the cord so I have to have 5 arms to keep him from pulling the plug out and having two hands on my material as it gets sewed together. I love naptime!

Vinyl Tablecloth Bib!





Last weekend I was blog surfing, one of my favorite things to do because I find so many great ideas from some very creative people. Saturday was no different. Dan was away and Ian was in bed at 8 so I had to whole evening to myself. I came across this tutorial from Just Another Day in Paradise and was only disappointed I didn't come up with it myself! Two of the bibs have a vinyl pocket as well. It catches all the peas and carrots that don't make it to Ian's mouth! I think they are super cute and very easy to make. I bought the tablecloth (what the bibs are made out of) from Target last month for $4 to make a drop cloth for his high chair, I still have enough to do that.

Now onto my next project!

About a month ago I realized Ian was old enough to sit by himself in the cart but I didn't want him sucking on the handles where so many people have put their hands and you don't know where they have been! I looked online for something and realized most of the covers I found that I liked were close to $70! I would never feel good spending that much money on something like this! So I went to the fabric store and found what I was looking for. I made Ian a grocery cart cover! It took me forever to make but it was all pretty cheap. I got the dog fabric on clearance at JoAnns and they were having their 99 cent pattern sale! I really love having the cover. Now I don't have to worry about him catching anything extra. It has two straps I made out of ribbon for toys and two pockets where I keep Cheerios or my grocery list or anything you need it for. Now that I realized how long it took I understand the price other crafters were charging, I might just have to jump on the wagon and start selling them myself.

I'll be better about posting step by step instructions!

Liz- Naptime Journal

1 comment:

  1. great idea and thanks for the link!
    I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete