Ad Box

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Easy bow tie tutorial!

I was scanning blogs as usual, looking for the next awesome project to do. I came upon yet another bow tie tutorial. I've been wanting to make Ian some more but never did. While I read the tutorial I ended up going my own direction and I think simpler as well. Sorry the pictures aren't very good. I'm still using the low end digital camera. But in just one week, my birthday, I will be getting a nice professional camera that will take awesome pictures for my tutorials, and other things of course!


Step one: cute out your fabric.
4 1/2 x 2 1/2 cute two and one piece of felt.
4 x 1 1/2 one piece for center of tie
a long piece for the neck strap, measure your little man's neck
piece of velcro, or you can use elastic















Step two: Sew right sides together with felt on bottom. Leave and inch gap to turn right side out.

Turn right side out and stitch both ends on top.










Step three: fold in half and stitch 1/4 inch about 1 inch long in center.












Step four: Sew center piece right sides together and then turn right side out.











Step Five: hand stitch the ends together of the center piece. Don't forget to tuck the ends end so the fabric doesn't fray.











Step six: The center piece should now be a circle.
sew the neck strap right sides together (picture not shown) turn right side out and stitch the opening end closed by tucking the unfinished end inside.

Slip the neck strap into the center ring, make sure it is in the center and hand stitch the back of the ring to the neck strap.

When done side the bow tie onto the neck strap.
I hand stitched a few corners to make the tie secure so it wouldn't slide down the neck strap.

Voila! If my directions are unclear, I'm just starting out trying to write them out, let me know. I'll help you if you get stuck.


- Liz- project nap time












No comments:

Post a Comment